Once we receive your application, we’ll send you a free soil test kit and your reporting sheet. Test your soil and return the sample by July 1st for a chance to win up to $150. By returning your completed soil test you will automatically be entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa® gift card. Tag Delaware Livable Lawns in a Facebook post about your soil testing story and if you are the drawing winner, you will receive an extra $50 for a total $150 Visa® gift card.
After you have completed the soil test, don’t stop there! Record as you fertilize throughout the fall (according to the Livable Lawns guidelines your soil test results) and submit your information by November 15th for a chance to win up to $250. By submitting your fertilization information, you will automatically be entered into a drawing for a $200 Visa® gift card. Tag Delaware Livable Lawns in a Facebook post about your lawn fertilization story and if you are the drawing winner, you will receive an extra $50 for a total $250 Visa® gift card.
By submitting the form below, and as a Delaware homeowner who applies fertilizer to my lawn, I agree to maintain a Livable Lawn to the best of my abilities by following these requirements:
- Test my soil once every three years to determine the specific needs of the lawn. More Info
- Apply nitrogen based on the guidelines given in the table, if needed. Fertilizer Chart
- If soil test results show phosphorus levels above optimum, I will not apply phosphorus. If phosphorus is recommended by a soil test, I will apply no more than 1 lb/1000 sq ft per application per year.
- Do not apply fertilizer between June 16 – August 14 or December 7 and February 15.
- Keep fertilizer and grass clippings off sidewalks, driveways, streets and storm drains.
- Do not apply fertilizer within 15 feet of waterways.
- Record the pounds of nutrients applied to my lawn and dates applied.
- Watch Delaware Livable Lawns videos “How and When to Apply Fertilizer” and “How to Select and Purchase Fertilizer”